A vaccine delivery system without the needles, and further evidence that Thea helped form our moon!
SoT 335: Parmesan Not Brie
- July 4, 2019
- Tagged as: agriculture, cancer, evolution, gravity, moon, radiology, wine
An ancient grape variety still used to make wine, an unexplained large mass found in the moon, and faster, improved PET scanners.
SoT 207: Plutology
- November 24, 2015
- Tagged as: bisexual, coeliac, gay, gluten, homosexual, hookworms, ice volcano, moon, moon rocks, queer, sexual orientation, sexuality, volatile elements
Are all women bisexual or gay? Can hookworms help with coeliac disease? Two possible ice volcanoes found on Pluto, and a moon rock mystery possibly solved.
SoT 171: No Unicorn Farts
HIV getting less deadly, successful test flight of Orion, alcohol evolution, Ebola survivor blood transfusions and plastic that breaks down in UV light.
SoT 166: That’s No Moon
- November 1, 2014
- Tagged as: bacteria, circadian rhythms, giant kangaroos, gut microbiota, megafauna, Mercury, MESSENGER, Mimas, moon, nuclear fusion, water
Lockheed’s bold fusion ‘plans’, gut bacteria and their body clocks, walking giant kangaroos, ice on Mercury and water in Mimas!
SoT 165: As Common As A Toilet Brush
More Antikythera finds, recent volcanic activity on the moon, frozen poo capsules, shaven voles, and the scent of brewer’s yeast.
SoT 150: Several Moonwiches
- June 9, 2014
- Tagged as: Antarctica, astronomy, climate change, decisions, endangered, fruit flies, Ganymede, global warming, great red spot, Greenland, insects, Jupiter, moon, new species, Planets, Six Legs
Our live 150th episode! Climate change, Jupiter, various new species, eating insects, icy moons and flies that think!
SoT 143: Little Rats Sneezing
- April 18, 2014
- Tagged as: astronomy, biofuel, black death, emotions, Enceladus, facial expressions, genetic modification, LADEE, moon, plague, Saturn
Facial expressions, Enceladus has an ocean, trees that break easily, rats vs Black Death revisited and LADEE to crash into the moon.
SoT 84: The Mad, Bad Uncle
- December 18, 2012
- Tagged as: astronomy, bacteria, biology, Curiosity (Mars Rover), mars, moon, NASA, space, virus
James Cameron’s deep dive results, the healing power of maggots, koala evolution and a rover twin set to join Curiosity. Plus moon tourism, moon mapping and the passing of Sir Patrick Moore.
SoT 73: Monkeys on Crack
- September 23, 2012
- Tagged as: astronomy, bacteria, biology, cognition, exoplanets, gerbils, GRAIL, hearing, Leidenfrost, memory, monkey, moon, physics, stem cells
Newly discovered monkey: cute or creepy? Bacterial gene swaps, GRAIL probe results, bubble-free boiling, and more!