Mapping fruit fly brains, the oldest known meteorite on Earth, a Parkinson protein and Betelgeuse dimming!
SoT 295: The Red Light District
- May 7, 2018
- Tagged as: athletes, children, facial expressions, fruit flies, fungus, gene transfer, horses, memory, sex
Horses can remember your facial expressions, male fruit flies like having sex, a fungus stole genes from a bacteria and why kids have lots of energy.
SoT 215: Yellow Big Head
- February 27, 2016
- Tagged as: cancer, chimpanzees, drosophila, evolution, fruit flies, genetics, hairy panic, leopards, toxo, Toxoplasma gondii, toxoplasmosis, tumbleweeds
Does toxo lessen chimps’ fear of leopards? What happens when you leave fruit flies in the dark for 60 years? Fighting cancer with cancer, and the Aussie town filled with tumbleweeds!
SoT 165: As Common As A Toilet Brush
More Antikythera finds, recent volcanic activity on the moon, frozen poo capsules, shaven voles, and the scent of brewer’s yeast.
SoT 164: Cosmetically Satisfying Penis
The Nobel Prizes for 2014, a Central Park blitz, inheriting traits from mum’s ex, and artificial penises grown in a lab.
SoT 150: Several Moonwiches
- June 9, 2014
- Tagged as: Antarctica, astronomy, climate change, decisions, endangered, fruit flies, Ganymede, global warming, great red spot, Greenland, insects, Jupiter, moon, new species, Planets, Six Legs
Our live 150th episode! Climate change, Jupiter, various new species, eating insects, icy moons and flies that think!
SoT 60: Pain Prone Personalities
- June 16, 2012
- Tagged as: cannabis, Deepwater Horizon, diabetes, evolution, fruit flies, genetics, mosquitoes, pain
Cannabis and pain, giant dragonflies, wet mosquitoes, fat fruit flies & more!
SoT 49: Drunk, Lonely Fruit Flies
- March 23, 2012
- Tagged as: astronomy, fruit flies, genes, paleontology, Roscosmos, space
Fruit flies turn to alcohol when they can’t get sex, the oldest animal with a skeleton, Russia’s space plans, eye problems in astronauts, and more.