Pandas finally mate, a subsurface ocean on Pluto, and could fava beans be the new soy beans?
SoT 219: Mother’s Guilt
- March 28, 2016
- Tagged as: astronomy, bacteria, big numbers, black holes, brain size, dinosaurs, environment, epigenetics, evolution, food, massive stars, mice, PET, plastic, quasars, recycling, rotation, star formation, tyrannosaurus, waste
Bacteria that eats plastic, T-rex evolved from the size of a horse, your parents’ diet before you were born could make you fat, a huge black hole spins super fast, and massive stars are really big.
SoT 204: Let’s Marvin Gaye and Get It On
- November 7, 2015
- Tagged as: aliens, Dyson sphere, food, mystery cells of the male, nematodes, neurons, origin of life, sex, Zircon
Neurons found in worms that affect sexual priority, a possible Dyson sphere discovered, and life may have originated 300 million years earlier than previously thought.
SoT 198: A Lot of Modelling
Potential health effects of e-cigarettes, Nasa turning poop into food, new ways to look at fisheries management, and how smelling vomit can make you sick.
SoT 197: The Universe Is Not A Parrot
Dr. Krystal’s new role at the BioMelbourne Network, astronauts eat space-grown lettuce, more information about the new malaria vaccine, and the genome shows octopuses are pretty complicated.
SoT 157: The Cephalopod Happy Ending
- August 22, 2014
- Tagged as: bacteria, bacteriophages, bears, comets, diabetes, flu, food, influenza, insulin, microbiome, octopus, octopus sex, Rosetta, uncontacted tribes, virus
Rosetta arrives at the comet, an uncontacted tribe gets influenza, and a bacteriophage is the most common virus in your body. Plus, how bears overeat but don’t get diabetes, a year long microbiome study, and crazy octopus sex!
SoT 103: FAOUN
- May 29, 2013
- Tagged as: Ancient Egypt, diet, dogs, ecology, extremophiles, food, stem cells
Eating insects, new kind of stem cells, endangered ecosystems and Ancient Egypt’s ‘sexy time’.
SoT 27: If It Moves Paint It White
- September 29, 2011
- Tagged as: Albert Einstein, ancestors, bisexual, chimpanzees, collaboration, diabetes, food, genes, genetics, hair, neutrino, relativity, Richard Dawkins, sexuality, speed of light, sperm, squid
Listen to this episode: 0.75x 1x 1.25x 1.5x 2x 0:00… SoT 27: If It Moves Paint It White Apple PodcastsSubscribe on AndroidSubscribe via RSSShare DownloadStitcherSpotifyGoogle PodcastsLeave a ReviewListen in a New WindowSoundCloudPlayer Embed Hosts: Ed Brown,…
Listen to this episode: 0.75x 1x 1.25x 1.5x 2x 0:00… SoT 20: Smooshed Apple PodcastsSubscribe on AndroidSubscribe via RSSShare DownloadStitcherSpotifyGoogle PodcastsLeave a ReviewListen in a New WindowSoundCloudPlayer Embed Hosts: Ed Brown, Dr. Shayne Joseph, Penny Dumsday,…