InSight gets a helpful tap, amber gives clues towards Ideal Glass, and fish finger development!
Important but tiny and overlooked fish, rapidly spinning black holes, ancient human migration, and the benefits of not staring at your phone.
SoT 328: Thralala, Thralala, Thralala!
- April 2, 2019
- Tagged as: asteroids, Bennu, convergent evolution, DNA, fish, NASA, OSIRIS-REx, Parkinson's Disease, super smellers, synthetic DNA
How fish survive the freezing cold, diagnosing Parkinson’s Disease through smell, a synthetic DNA with 8 letters, and surprising discoveries about asteroid Bennu!
SoT 310: Faster Than Lightning
- September 26, 2018
- Tagged as: archaeology, art, climate change, dolphins, fish, mirror test, self-awareness, self-recognition, shark attacks
The oldest known drawing, sharks attacking dolphins, and the first fish to pass the mirror test.
SoT 267: Come See The Mass Spawning!
- June 20, 2017
- Tagged as: bacteria, bread, drug-resistant bacteria, fish, sourdough, superbugs, white bread
Is sourdough better than white bread? Giant parrotfish group sex, and yogurt-bacteria impedes superbug bacteria.
SoT 232: Peanut Butter Makes Everything Better
Fish evolved to walk on land more than 30 separate times, the story of Tabby’s Star and the “alien megastructure”, and possible links between high-fibre diets and preventing peanut allergies.
SoT 230: Meat Ants
The final word on invasive species control, fish that can recognise faces, and UTIs and antibiotic resistance.
SoT 225: Memoirs Of A Janitor
Chiropractors in Australia under fire, unleashing herpes against invasive carp, water boiling on Mars and CERN goes the weasel.
SoT 205: Excited About Herpes!
- November 14, 2015
- Tagged as: cancer, eels, electric eels, electricity, fish, herpes, immunotherapy, meat, oncology, processed, who
Eating meat doesn’t guarantee you’ll get cancer, electric eels can double their shock value with no extra effort, and a radical new treatment for cancer – herpes!
SoT 188: Somehow, Because Of Science
- June 3, 2015
- Tagged as: beak, chickens, dinosaurs, endothermic, evolution, exothermic, fish, Jahn-Teller effect, Jahn-Teller metals, matter, measles, Opah, snout, superconductivity, vaccination, warm-blooded
Warm-blooded moonfish, measles vaccines prevents more than just measles, a new state of matter created and chickens with dinosaur snouts.