Listen to this episode:
- Dr. Krystal gives us an in-depth progress report on malaria. There have been two big achievements this year: the final trial of what could be the first malaria vaccine ratified by the World Health Organisation, and the discovery of a ‘master key’ the parasite uses to infect blood cells. So how close are we to winning the war?
- How Worms Avoid Food Poisoning. The experiment involved firing lasers at two neurons in a worm less than one millimetre long. Proving once again that science is AWESOME.
- Sunken islands found in Indian Ocean
- Faster-Than-Light Neutrinos: OPERA Confirms and Submits Results, But Unease Remains
- ‘Lost’ Russian Mars Probe Phones Home