Hosts: Ed Brown, Dr. Shayne Joseph, Joanne Benhamu, Dr. Mick Vagg.
Climate Change and Australian science policy
- 2013 was Australia’s hottest year, warm for much of the world
- January 2014 southeastern Australia heat wave
- Coal ‘good for humanity’, Prime Minister Tony Abbott says at $3.9b Queensland mine opening
- Abbott brings back Science minister in cabinet reshuffle
- Polar Vortex – Why the Arctic Is Drunk Right Now
- Climate Change / Sinking Ship tweet
- Stephen Colbert tweet about global warming
- Early Antibiotics Change Gut Microbes, Fuel Obesity
- A capsule containing poo can treat chronic intestinal infections
- The Quantified Microbiome Self
Retracted STAP study
- How Japan’s most promising young stem-cell scientist duped the scientific journal Nature — and destroyed her career
- STAP retracted
- Setting the Record Straight
- Scientific riches await Philae comet lander, if it wakes up
- Philae’s Wild Comet Landing: Crater Grazing, Spinning And Landing In Parts Unknown
- Polio Declared An International Health Emergency
- Ebola virus epidemic in West Africa
- SoT 167: Sticky Feet – Featuring our interview with Dr. Grant Hill-Cawthorne about the Ebola epidemic
Jo Benhamu is a clinical trials coordinator in radiation oncology.
Dr. Mick Vagg is Clinical Senior Lecturer at Deakin University School of Medicine, and Pain Specialist at Barwon Health. He’s a Fellow of the Institute for Science in Medicine and he often writes for The Conversation.